Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Shoesday Tuesday: The Perfect Riding Boots



"Where did you get your boots?" That is the number one fashion-related question I'm asked during the winter months. My boots were from Vignettes, where I work, but they're a few seasons old. The key to investing in a pair of brown riding boots is simplicity. You don't want boots with a bunch of buckles or logos on them. As we say in design, "Keep it simple, stupid!" Since the riding boot trend does not seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, I really should invest in a nice pair.

These Frye boots are my favorite designer boots. I love Tory Burch but I do not have $500 to spend on shoes. These Frye boots, in my opinion, seem like better quality and are more reasonably priced (especially if you were to get them on sale).




If you're unsure about the riding boot trend then these boots off of Amazon are perfect for you. They are very similar to the above Frye "Melissa". These are vegan leather and are the least expensive on my list. Also these have an inner-calf zipper which irritates my ankle bone but if you've never had that problem, then these might be the boots for you!



These boots (below) from Target look just like the Frye Melissa boots and are REAL Leather! How stellar is that? These look like they would be a great investment and come in three colors: black, chocolate brown, and cognac. My favorite is the cognac. These also come in a wide calf which I know is really helpful for some ladies.




I can't believe I found these boots for you! The boots below (again, vegan leather) are the exact boots that I get asked about all the time. They have two buckles on them (one on the top and one on the heel). They have lasted me two seasons and they still look great. We are sold out of them at Vignettes but JCPenney's has them in stock.

Wanted • $70.00 

Here's a wrap up for you:

I know it's almost spring and a little late to be buying boots but you can usually score an end of season sale. Our cold weather doesn't come until right about now until March so it's still not too late.

Ciao for now!

 Jaclyn

7 comments:

  1. I remember those boots! I love how you found so many cute choices at different price points!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback! That was my goal! My favorite boots that we've had at the store, those and the two tone ones. :)

      Delete
  2. I love all the boots, especially the ones from Target!

    ReplyDelete