Thursday, January 15, 2015

Edibles & Drinkables: Ramen Bars

So there is the new (to me) trend: Ramen Bars. I remember seeing an episode on the Food Channel show Food Court Wars where one of the contestant's restaurants was called Ramen Bar. I can't remember if they won. And I'm not sure if the two are related.

In case you have no idea what I am talking about... this is Ramen:



Earlier this week, I was grabbing coffee with a dear friend, Leah. We were talking about my semi-recent trip to LA. Leah asked if I went to a Ramen Bar while I was there. Our mutual friend, who lives in LA, loves Ramen Bars. I didn't see any of these restaurants on my trip, but with a simple Google search I found a ton of them. From what Leah said, this Ramen isn't like the 10 cent packages at Kroger but is extremely delicious. I am very intrigued by this concept and hope to visit a Ramen Bar next time I am in the vicinity of one. Honestly, all I saw on menus in LA were different types of Kale. Lollipop Kale was pretty delicious.

Are there any Ramen Bar type restaurants near you? Have you been to one? What do you think of them? Yay or nay?

Let me know your thoughts.

Ciao for now!

Jaclyn

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of this. Of course, now I'm googling too!

    ReplyDelete