Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Winesday: Educated Guess Cabernet Sauvignon


I love red wine, so obviously I love finding new wines to try. Today I am reviewing the first red I ever drank: Educated Guess Cabernet Sauvignon. (Disclaimer: I'm not a professional wine connoisseur, just a lush fan!) This wine is reasonably priced ($16 at Kroger) and is easy to find at most wine / grocery stores (at least in the south). 


My older sister first introduced me to this wine. She originally bought it because of the label (she is in medical school and is what I fondly call a nerd). The label is attractive and definitely stands out, props to the graphic designer / marketing department.  The molecules are actual formulas that happen during the wine fermenting process, how cute is that? 


I have some nice glassware, but I love using this cute plastic wine tumbler from Swoozies! (SoSwoozies on Instagram) Not only do I love the gold glitter, but what I love most is that I don't have to worry about one of my roommates' dogs breaking my glass! This tumbler has a lid with a straw which is great for tailgates, but I don't use the lid when I'm at home. 



Back to my wine review: I would describe this wine as full-flavored with blackberry undertones. It has a good aftertaste and isn't bitter. This is one of my go-to wines for dinner parties. Like most reds, I would pair it with cheese or chocolate for an appetizer / snack. A nice steak or any red Italian sauce would also go great with this wine. 


I adore my bottle fur. It dresses up any bottle and adds a little bit of wild to girl's night in. 


I also adore my chandelier topper. Like the bottle fur, it was a gift. I believe she got it from the local Anthropologie / Urban Outfitters warehouse called Final Cut. 


I hope you've enjoyed my review! Next time you're in the grocery store and can't decide what wine to buy, you can make an Educated Guess and buy this Cabernet! 

May every hour be a happy hour!

Ciao for Now, 

Jaclyn 






No comments:

Post a Comment