Sunday, November 23, 2014

Style Seven: Prints for Fall

Must have prints for fall: 

1. Plaid

I absolutely adore plaid. I put this print first in my list because it is almost exclusive to the fall and winter months. Whether it be on a scarf, a flannel, or a vest, you can't go wrong adding plaid to any cold weather outfit.



2. Herringbone

One of my favorite prints for fall is herringbone. I love herringbone blazers for men in the cold months. Also, who can forget the oh so classic and popular J. Crew herringbone vest? 

[ill can't find a picture of me wearing herringbone but will correct this soon 🙈)

3. Houndstooth 

Houndstooth is a lot like herringbone because it's traditionally in a white and black color way. Not only is houndstooth school spirited, looking at you Alabama, but it's a great neutral print. I love this print especially in a statement coat. Also it's great on a scarf or other statement piece. 



4. Leopard 

"As far as I'm concerned leopard is a neutral." Right now, leopard is my favorite animal print. Because leopard is an animal print it can walk the line between lady and lady of the night (the exotic dancing kind). Leopard can easily make you look cheap. But wear it the right way and you'll receive a lot of compliments. Your inner wild is calling. Will you answer it? 




5. Stripes 

Can you go wrong with stripes? I love it when blazer or bag linings have a classic stripe print. It's a classic print and I think I wear something striped everyday. Also, stripes are to me the easiest to mix with other prints because it's so basic and geometric. (I'll write an entire post about mixing prints soon). 



6. Polka Dots

Overall, polka dots are probably my favorite print of all time. If anything (especially dish wear) has a polka dot print then I want to buy it. Polka dot details are so feminine to me. Kate Spade has shown us the many different uses for polka dots, and I love her for it! 



7. Floral 

I almost didn't include this on my fall list because it's not very fall or winter friendly. But there are some floral prints that work great in fall. Steer away from overall bright colors and pick prints with more neutrals. Anything with browns or golds will easily match your fall clothes. Black and white floral is a great option as well. 

Ciao for now! 

J

No comments:

Post a Comment