Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Masters Series: Shoesday Tuesday!

Thank you so much for all the sweet messages and comments about yesterday's post.

Today, I am going to talk about what type of shoes to wear to the tournament! I decided to separate my "what to wear to the tournament" post from my shoe post because picking the wrong shoe can make or break your experience. These tips can be applied to more than just the Masters Tournament. An attendee of any event that requires a lot of walking outside can benefit from these tips.

My first rule for finding the perfect shoe (besides making sure it matches your outfit) is not wearing brand new shoes. Make sure that your shoes are broken in because you won't have the opportunity to switch them out during the day.



My go-to shoe for the tournament would be my Jack Rogers sandals (exact- in platinum with gold threading). If you opt for a flat sandal, I would strongly recommend that you wear a pair that does not have a back strap. I made this mistake one year and little rocks and dirt kept getting stuck in my shoe. I constantly had to stop and take my shoe completely off in order to get the debris out. Talk about annoying! This style matches almost any outfit choice.



If you love wearing a shoe to give you height, I would recommend a short wedge (similar- same brand). You're less likely to get stuff stuck in this style shoe than a flat sandal. Steer clear of a shoe with any type of pointy heel. You will sink into the grass and tear-up the course. If you must wear a heel, then opt for something chunky (like this).


The other type of shoe that I see on the course is an athletic shoe. I currently do not have any functioning athletic shoes (thanks to my roommate's dog who eats shoe laces) but I'll post some examples of shoes that would work. Something compact and white would be the most versatile (like this).
Do you have plans to attend the tournament this week? What shoes are you planning to wear?

Ciao for now!
Jaclyn

PS: Tiger just announced that he will be playing in the Par 3 contest tomorrow!


2 comments: