Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Let's Talk About Guac

One of my favorite snacks and my ultimate comfort food is guacamole. Growing up I would spend my summers at my grandparents' house in Miami. Their neighborhood was on an old mango orchard. My grandfather had many mango trees, a banana tree, and my favorite, an avocado tree. Florida avocados are very different than the avocados that are sold on Georgia supermarkets. Florida avocados are the size of my head and a haas avocado is the size of my palm. 

Here is my guacamole recipe which is based on the recipe from my Cuban grandfather. 

Ingredients: 
1 Roma tomatoes 
1/4 of a white onion 
A sliver of jalapeño pepper
A pinch of cilantro 
2 haas avocados (one Florida or California one) 
A bag of Tostitos Scoops chips! 

Finely chop (put in magic bullet) tomato, onion, a little bit of cilantro, and a sliver of jalapeño.
Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the meat. Chop avocados. 
Mix the blended ingredients with the chopped avocados until you get a creamy but chunky consistancy. Scoop in and enjoy! 

Ciao for now! 

Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment